Wednesday 25 February 2015

Magical Reality

When I was younger I yearned for different realms, I wanted to journey, to experience, to live in magical worlds. There was a component of escapism to this, but there was also the strong feeling that how things were being portrayed to me did not match my inner knowing. I didn’t feel that the world should be portrayed as so 2-dimensional. It was all flattened and called “realistic”.  But it was hollow.

So I read books that transported me to worlds far more in resonance with me than the one I currently inhabited. I dreamed dreams where I would travel to far away places, meet magical and fantastical beings, some terrifying, and I hoped beyond hope that I could experience the touch of those worlds on this one.

When I was about eight, I went to play at a classmate’s house. She was Hungarian. She told me she had a magic train that would take us into other worlds. I believed her. But when she wanted to go on this train, I said I had to leave. I so desperately wanted to go on this train and I did not want to find out that it wasn’t real. Perhaps it was, but I couldn’t cope with more disappointment if it wasn’t. This way I got to always hold the potential open for that magical train.

I then spent many years escaping, trying to find the magic and the “more” that I sought of this reality, in places where it seemed to be, but actually were illusory. I ended up running away from myself and from the world. Sometimes I wanted to run so much that I yearned to cease to exist. They were not happy years at the time, but they are an intrinsic part of me for which I give thanks. I am more able to unpack the gifts that lay within those times now.

When I discovered guided meditations and visualisations I reconnected with the magic that I sought as a child. I began to journey again. But I was no longer journeying to escape - I had it clear that this was not my intention. I was journeying to bring something back, to anchor it back here in this time with the aim to change my life and help me grow as I am in this moment.

I love the freedom of the communication received in these kinds of meditations. When I ask for guidance from my Full Self or guides, for example, and I am given a flower, or a particular tree branch, a stone, a word, a symbol, it may seem random, but it has the power to change. When I bring it back and make it real, by reading on it, writing on it, I am amazed at how wise and how incredibly pertinent it is.

I have seen places, which I have then found months later on a walk. I have learnt techniques, which have changed my experience of daily life. I have explored blocked relations with people and had it completely shift my perspective. Often it is the act of embarking on the journey itself that has the power to change.

What I have discovered is that it is all real. Everything I felt as a child was real. There is real magic in this world and it can begin within. It is by going within that we can truly free ourselves. Then the within and the without become less distinctly separate.

But it is a delicate process and it helps to have someone to turn to from time to time. I have done it in a fairly solitary way, but I have needed people to open things up for me, to help me see things, blocks within myself that I am unable to see alone and the simple support that I am not the only one living this journey in this way.  

I want to end on a quote from one of my favourite books “The Thirteen Circles” www.the13circles.com

“…Magic is an opening between worldly reality and the unlimited realm of the soul, an acknowledgement that we exist simultaneously in both. Magic is an understanding that our reality can in an instant change, if one is of open heart and in connection to the Oneness, the whole that we all create.
            Yea, magic is love, wisdom and power in equal parts. Magic and life, they are one and the same.
            Learn this and use it wisely.”






No comments:

Post a Comment