Wednesday 25 September 2013

Big Choices from Little Actions As Told Through the Fruit Juice Carton


I believe that big changes can come from little actions. I have seen this repeated again and again in my life. One small decision especially one that steps outside the box, can trigger a chain of events that literally changes my life. Much of my life has followed a string of these microcosm to macrocosm decisions.

The other day I was walking and a young man was walking a bit ahead. Someone had left a fruit juice carton on the pavement. The man walked by it and then kicked it.

I thought: “How funny!  What a good analogy of how energy attracts like energy.” The person who left it there did something careless, something that showed a disregard, big or not, for the place they live and the people around.

Another person walked by and the carton acted as a signal to awaken and draw to itself a similar energy. It was another energy of carelessness and disregard, sparked with a touch of anger. Small things and not seemingly significant, but I saw how one attracted the other.

I noted it and was about to go into my house. Then I stopped. I realised that by noting it and internally laughing about it I was superiorly gloating in my own way. What else could I do?

If it was an energy that was “negative” and drawing to itself more of its kind, could I add something else to it? I turned back and picked up the spilt carton. I brought it in and put it in the bin. I felt humbled in the act.

I consciously imagined that just by touching this carton I was contributing something to its energetic manifestation, adding to it a contrasting energy to what it had just experienced. I was energetically shifting the balance.

What is the world I wish to be creating and contributing to? I know what it feels like and it is a feeling, a sense I connect to in meditation and in my inner quiet. But in order for it to move from the place of quiet meditation I need to take it into action.

I don’t know if any big changes externally came from my little action. But it underlined for me my commitment to what I am working on and the multiple ways I am given opportunities to express and manifest it.

It also led me to the knowing sense that I can “do” something. Energetically I can reach out, and with intent, add another dimension, another possibility to what is currently existing.

I was once told that the more conscious we become, the less we are afforded the luxury of mindlessly not doing anything. We are presented with choices and we have to choose. We can choose to do nothing but we do that consciously now.

It can seem trying and a bit exhausting at times, but I also see it as freeing. It adds a whole other magical component to my life. Minute events, can thus take on great significance when I turn my conscious mind to them. There seems to be no limit to the depth that can be explored from each moment. 

2 comments:

  1. I did something similar. I've passed a discarded piece of plastic many times on my walk each day. But one day I decided to pick it up, and put it in a proper place. I felt good doing this. But I never connected, as you did, energetically with it. I wish I had. What a great experience that would've been. Thank you for the insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Wisdom Seeker,
    Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am happy to have heard from you. I also did the same a couple of months back without the energetic connection nor insight, just on the feeling that it was a necessary step.
    Sarai

    ReplyDelete