Thursday 19 September 2013

Looking and Shifting


This summer I began to develop an interest in crop circles. What are they? How do they get there and what do they mean? One answer that resonated with me is that they are put there by non-earth-based entities in order to help, exposing us to an image, a symbol that ultimately acts as a key. 

The image itself awakens, releases information, reactivating our potential with no effort or conscious rationalisation on our part. They are put there to help us in our shifting of consciousness and vibrational changes. Just by seeing them we become more open to another way of being and adapt better to the shifting frequencies, which are making up our reality. 

Whether it’s true or not, the thought of great help coming through and actively working to bring about a change in line with a heart based consciousness, comforts me. I like it and I think that is enough for it to bring about changes in my life. I do not seek proof but I receive inspiration, imagination and a willing excitement to explore.

I spent a few days going through pictures of crop circles and found them incredibly beautiful and interesting. One website I liked very much was the photography of Steve Alexander: www.temporarytemples.co.uk I had been working on mandalas and playing around with sacred geometry and it was exciting to see some of the same forms arising in the crop circles. 

It seems as though whatever I come across and appeals to me ends up drawing me into the feeling that there is an underlying Oneness to all things. (For another contrasting visual of this point, ‘Li: Dynamic Form in Nature’ by David Wade, is lovely to look at.)

It encouraged me to trace the path of my own exploration over the past couple of years with symbols. Over a year ago my visual perception began to change. Sometimes it seemed as if the world were made of pixels, tiny shadows of light and dark that undulate and vibrate. 

I could still see that the wall was a wall, but it had more to it than a clean-washed, two-dimensional smoothness. The air separating me from that wall was not empty either – it had depth and movement. Darkness seemed like television static. 

I was amazed. I started to see that the air was alive, there was no empty space and it was wonderful to begin to visually glimpse the depth of what might be out there. It began to open me to new possibilities. And despite it being new, it simultaneously felt very familiar.  

It wasn’t long afterwards that the air took on greater form. I started to see that there were faint shapes, lines, squiggles, eventually slightly more complex forms that floated through the air. They were of a different density, highlighted, some clear light, others greyish and silvery. I would catch them falling through my vision but whenever I tried to stare directly at them they would fall beyond my point of view. 

I have copied them and there is something enormously satisfying in translating the images onto paper. I think it links to what I have been told: that we can experience something, but to work in the energy, we have to ground it on the physical plane.

                                 
                                   


I asked about these falling shapes I saw and was given a variety of answers at different points. I was told that they were matrices that underpinned certain creations. They were the forms upon which sound (vibration) and light are hung to create physicality. At another point I was told that they were indicative of protective angelic presences. 

Each answer moved me in some way and excited me to seek something else out. The matrices led me towards sacred geometry, which led me to mandalas. Those in turn connected me to another kind of knowing.

In working on a mandala it is as though intuition kicks in. I don’t exactly know what I’m doing, but I have a feeling that the next move, the next erasure of a line, the choice of colour is the right one and that it is coming together. Whilst I do it, I really feel as though I am on a journey. It is as though beneath rationalisations, a deeper understanding is opening up. 

At the end of it, I feel changed and happy to have been a part of a process. And the process does not end there. I have an image that continues to work or better to say, radiate.

This summer I drew a mandala and I had a vague feeling for the colours I wanted. It was more like a calling. I began and I felt almost slightly frenzied. I knew I would not move until it was done, but I did not really know what it was I was doing. I mixed colours and often it did not seem at all to be something I was happy with, but by the end I was impressed. It was far more beautiful, the colours more potent than what I could have thought. It also made sense to me.

For some reason I thought of it as The Wheel of Karma, as if I knew this image, but I couldn’t think where. I kept it in my room and it drew me to it again. I don’t feel I originated it. It came through me and I helped it into being and it in turn helped me.



In some ways I had a similar experience with my falling shapes, as I like to think of them. I told a good friend about them in passing. The next time I saw him he gave me a book on the Petrogliphs (outside rock paintings/carvings) in Galicia (‘Los Petroglifos Gallegos, Antonio de la Pena Santos, J.M. Vazquez Varela). I looked through it in awe as it reminded me so much of the interior details of the forms I see, which are so small that I cannot put them down. 

The re-echoing of images and symbols through time and what they harken to is compelling for me. I have seen in myself that I link understanding, which is thought based, to words.  Communication, I only used to consider, in its verbal component. But the exploration of the image is opening that up for me. Symbols communicate, symbols can bring about understanding, but it is one that we, at least in this part of the world, are probably no longer used to.



At times when someone is telling me something, especially in channel, I feel as if a river of images is being conveyed to me. I have become aware that there are different things going on at those moments. There is the worded conversation and there is something akin to a transference which is definitely more image based.

Someone recently spoke to me about the rushes of energy they were experiencing. I feel them a great deal and have done so for a while now. I have so many ideas as to what they pertain to. Sometimes I feel it is just a shifting of energy within my body, perhaps an opening of blockages. 

But one thing that resonates with this piece, is that I feel them to be a transfer. I read the phrase somewhere, energy packets of information. To me it does seem like the reception of something that comes through energetically and is instantly absorbed physically as a sensational rush, shivers coursing through the body. It is like the first instant hit of what comes through. Then over time it gets translated, lived and thought out. I feel that they are helping me in raising my consciousness.

Yet it is as I began. In many ways it does not matter what any of this “means.” I used to feel that the symbols I saw had to have an intrinsic meaning in themselves that I, obviously wanted to know. But I am coming and being prodded to the realisation that that is not what is relevant. 

What is relevant is where it takes me. What does it open up for me, what becomes possible that wouldn’t have been before? How does it make me feel? If it brings me a sense of peace, how can I summon up that feeling at times when I feel peace-less, by using that image or experience as a reference?

Symbols are a part of my journey, but it is because they resonate with a language that I must be open to. It could be anything else for anyone else. But I believe that we can track the exploration and find beautiful patterns in all that we live and in all that our interests evoke. As we work to link and trace the patterns, we get to see that beneath it all is the underlying unity of all things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment